Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Hotel Review: Courtyard St George, Utah

I recently stayed at the Marriott Courtyard in St George, Utah.  I've stayed in many Courtyard hotels through the years and would put this one quite high on the list. 

Things I liked about this Courtyard:
  1. The St George Courtyard is quite new.  The property feels fresh and well maintained.  The rooms are nice with very clean look that included granite surrounds in the shower. 
  2. The staff was quite friendly and seemed to have a good handle on the area.
  3. The location of the Courtyard Hotel was easy to find, it was right off I-15, but tucked back from the freeway so there wasn't any freeway noise. 
  4. Very nice pool and lounge areas.

St George is an amazing location with a ton of options to stay busy.  It is a town with a population of about 75,000 people.  It sits in the southwest corner of Utah about 7 miles from the Arizona border and about 1 1/2 hour drive on I-15 from Las Vegas.  It is famous for its red rocks and blue skies.

Things to do:
  1. Golf.  That's what I do when I'm in St George and some of my favorite courses anywhere are in the area and at a great price.  Sand Hollow is a must play.
  2. Hiking.  There are countless options for hinking in the area, but Snow Canyon State Park and Zion National Park tend to be most popular.
  3. Boating.  There are a few smaller reservoirs close by, Sand Hollow and Quail Creek.  Lake Powell is only about 1 1/2 hours away and is one of the most incredible bodies of water in the world.
St George is an area that has long been known by Utahns, but word is getting out.  It's a great town and I highly recommend the Marriott Courtyard in St George, Utah.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...